Only an administrator can add new users.
- Moving AGAT-7 retro-compute… by Electronics Fun
As you may remember, I’ve designed a universal platform for building retro-computers “Retrobyte”. I have successfully tested it by building the “Mikro-80” computer a few months ago and now I’m working on adapting my other retro-computer project “AGAT-7” to this platform. “AGAT-7” requires more functionality than “Retrobyte” has, so I’ve build an extension board for[…]
- Twitter account has been ad… by Electronics Fun
A blog format is not very suitable for short status updates of my projects, sharing ideas or interesting facts and news. So, I have created a twitter account to supplement the blog. You can now see the latest tweets on the right side of the home page. The detailed articles are still going to be[…]
- Computer “Mikro-80… by Electronics Fun
The computer “Mikro-80” was made in the Soviet Union in 1980 by a team of enthusiasts before in 1982, the magazine “Radio” began publishing its documentations and schematics. In a nutshell, this was the first accessible personal computer in the USSR; in that era, only single digits of people in the country had the ability[…]
- Retrobyte Rev.B by Electronics Fun
In my previous post, I explained my idea of a modular platform for building modern replicas of retro-computers, of which the Rev.A has already been built and tested. In the process, I found a few things to improve: On the silkscreen, the diode D1 was shown incorrectly (the cathode points to the anode) The voltage[…]
- Retrobyte – a univers… by Electronics Fun
During the time I worked on the “Agat-7” replica, I came across the need for constant changes and improvements; these resulted from either new ideas or troubleshooting. Some of these troubleshoots involve tinkering with the circuit board. Currently, I have four different revisions and modifications of PCB’s for “Agat”; this isn’t even the total amount,[…]
- How to add bluetooth music … by Electronics Fun
The multimedia center in my car is quite useful – it features a built in GPS navigator, a rear-view camera, an MP3 player and several other handy functions. However, its greatest weakness is the inability to play music via Bluetooth. The only supported option is the hands-free bluetooth phone connection mode. To listen to music[…]
- “Maximite” computer by Electronics Fun
Not so long ago I found out about a very interesting computer under the name of Maximite. It is built on the microprocessor PIC, on which are assigned all the main functions of this computer. This small device was made in 2011 and became popular enough so that now some games and programs were made for[…]
- Spool holder and a fan for … by Electronics Fun
In the previous post, I promised to tell you about the holders that I made for the spool of plastic for my 3D printer. In the original kit, there is no holder or support for the plastic and it just sits there next to the printer. The spool, positioned thus, often tangles and requires constant attention. This[…]
- 3D printer MakerFarm Prusa … by Electronics Fun
It was always a problem to find a proper enclosure for my devices. So, I decided to build a 3D printer for these purposes. It is a great project to build. It can be used not only for customised enclosures but for all sorts of other projects. I didn’t want to buy a pre-build printer[…]
- AGAT-7. Rev.0 summary and s… by Electronics Fun
I’m about to finalise my Rev.0 of the modern replica of the retro-computer “AGAT-7”. The next step will be Rev.A design with fixed mistakes, improvements and some new ideas. In this post I’m going to summarise the Rev.0 experience and share with you with some ideas for Rev.A. At the moment the Rev.0 computer starts[…]
- Alexey Dubrovsky on Retrobyte – a univers…Great! I'm watching out for updates!
- Electronics Fun on AGAT-7. Rev.0 summary and s…It might be a good idea. But I still need to complete the prototype first. Also, it relies on original…
- Boris Ivanov on AGAT-7. Rev.0 summary and s…Make kickstarter project.
- Electronics Fun on AGAT-7. Rev.0 summary and s…I've got a small kid and still don't have enough time for such a big project, so I fulfill my…
- Alexey Dubrovsky on AGAT-7. Rev.0 summary and s…Now I’m designing the Rev.A PCB and I will post news here Is design still in progress, or it…
- Calum McInnes on Hackintosh. Part 2. Hardware.How can i get in touch with you. I need help on puting my computer together!
- Calum McInnes on Hackintosh. Part 2. Hardware.Im busy buying my computer parts and noticed that the motherboard i wanted is outdated and not selling anymore. Could…
- Electronics Fun on Hackintosh. Part 2. Hardware.It can be a bit tricky but possible: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=63235&start=0
- Calum McInnes on Hackintosh. Part 2. Hardware.What if you don't have a Mac, is there any other place i can get the Mac OS?
- Electronics Fun on Hackintosh. Part 2. Hardware.Mac OS can be purchased and downloaded from Apple App Store. I described the process in the blog.